Postpartum Support Resources
If you have thoughts of harming yourself or your baby, call 911 or your local emergency number immediately.
You can also contact:
* National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-8255
* Kristin Brooks Hope Center – 1-800-784-2433
* For help through prayer contact Unity Church’s Silent Unity – 1-800-669-7729
For contact numbers outside the USA, visit Befrienders Worldwide
Dallas/Fort Worth Resources:
* Dallas Area Postpartum Support Group meets the second Saturday of every month from 10 to 11:30 a.m. The Dallas Association for Parent Education, 777 South Central Expressway, Bldg. 1, Suite T, Richardson. Contact PSI coordinator Sheila McComas at Sheilamccomas@yahoo.com, 972-276-2016.
* Fort Worth Area Postpartum Support Group meets the first, third and fifth Saturday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to noon. Call PSI coordinator Lisa D’Amura, RN, at 817-296-9418 for location and further information.
Texas Department of State Health Services:
* The Online PPD Support Group – www.ppdsupportpage.com – Discussion forums, and great resources.
* Postpartum Support International (PSI) – 1-800-944-4PPD – www.postpartum.net – Find your local support communities, become a member and get their newsletter, and so much more valuable information.
www.postpartumdepression.net – Email list and online information about The Mother-to-Mother Postpartum Depression Support Book.
www.PostpartumDepressionHelp.com – Dr. Shosh’s website with weekly audios, blog, events, and Postpartum Depression for Dummies book information.
www.PlacentaProfessionals.com – Research and articles on the benefits of placenta to mom.
www.BirthPsychology.com – The Association of Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health